Monday, March 22, 2010

Mac highly practical




Recently I have switched to Mac. Never thought of switching to Mac from Windows. At office for my scientific work I use Linux mainly Suse Linux. But for mailing chatting blogging surfing photo editing writing making presentation etc etc I was using windows but not anymore. After using Mac for last 2 month I think I have wasted my energy time and money on Windows for last 10 years. What a crap? Most of the time I was fighting to settle things in my Windows laptop like wifi, standby, freezing, 100% cpu, virus etc. Now I think how much time I have spent on watching my XP is booting. Small example I have not switched off my Mac for last 17days. It shows I have up time of 17days ?? hours ?? mins. Now-a-days I am used to of keeping my unfinished work open in my desktop, keep my mail, chat, browser windows open. This year I am teaching a lot, so I am also keeping all my presentations open. Most enjoyable thing is I am getting a terminal like linux and got connected to the office without stating ssh client/xming or cygwin. Thanks to some extra ordinary happening (not exposing in public) which inspired me to get a mac.
There are few drawbacks I should speak out. There are few programs which are not available in Mac version or very costly. There are some solutions to this, e.g. partitioning the Mac and having a Widows partition or virtualization. But I am happy without any Windows and want to stay seamless and happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In what form do you want to expose the extraordinary happening? At least mail me.